Are you uncertain if you are the biological father of a child? And you are looking for answers. Well, performing a paternity test is the most effective method to date of determining whether or not you are the biological father of a child.
If you are going to perform a paternity test than it would be wise to think about the possible outcome of the result and if the result shows you are not the father. How would you like to use the result?
1. Contact our office today at 866-269-2516 to coordinate an appointment.
2. Once you coordinate an appointment you will be sent to a facility closest to your home have you sample collected.
3. After your DNA samples are collected. Your DNA samples will be shipped to the lab for genetic analyzation.
4. Once they arrive at the laboratory the turnaround time to complete the testing would be 2-3 business days from the receipt of all DNA samples.
5. After the testing is complete. One of Relationship Testing consultants will contact you, to inform you about the completion of your DNA testing result.
6. A copy of your result is then mailed out to your home, office or anywhere you deem private
As mentioned earlier in this post when it was suggested that some thought should be used toward the application of the usage of your DNA test result. Below are the paternity testing option available.
Legal DNA Test – This option offers the most flexibility of use. The result can be used for family court, estate cases, immigration and, social security benefits just to name a few. When performing this a legal DNA test you will be required to bring identification, your picture will be taken and for children under the age of 18 years of age. The custodial parent must be present if the alleged father’s name is not on the birth certificate.
Turnaround time for DNA results is 2-3 business days from the date the lab receives all DNA samples. One day testing is available but, it will require an additional fee.
At-Home DNA Test – This option does not have the same flexibility of use but it does allow you the opportunity to collect your own samples. This At-Home DNA Paternity Test result is strictly for informational purposes only and can not be used in court.
The turnaround time for DNA test results is 2-3 business days from the date in which the lab receives all of the DNA samples.
Is there a difference between the paternity testing options listed above with how the samples are tested? No. Outside of how you can use the result. Both options are tested the same exact using the same amount of genetic markers. This is why it is important that you think about how you would like to use the result prior to performing a DNA test.
If you would like to learn more about Relationship testing services or you would like to coordinate an appointment. Please do not hesitate to contact our office today at 866-269-2516.